Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I SAW CAV!

 Today I raced in Wargem - which was a womens race in between the Dwars Doors Vlaanderen pro mens race.  I felt like I was starting a pro race - bleachers, beer tents, flags...so cool!!  I was mainly excited to get to see the pro men - but had to put that out of my mind for my race.  hahaha.  We were supposed to do 5 laps of 16km but ended up getting taken the wrong way so had to stop for 10 minutes about 10km in while they figured it out...then took 1 lap off our race so we would finish in time for the pro men.
  
The race was pretty fast and a lot more consistent then Saturdays race.  I was able to move up a lot more easily and I threw a bunch of elbows - but no F bombs! I managed to get to the front for the final km but the teams with sprinting trains just blew past and I took way too long to figure it all out.  So I ended in the main bunch and finished 29th overall.  121 starters and 93 finishers.  I was pretty happy with this race - made a lot of improvements and  had so much fun :)
 
 
Got a pic of my hero.  He was a bit pissed not making it to the sprint - little does he know he still made my day :)
I also may have an opportunity to race Saturday in Gent- Welvergem with a Dutch team.  I better go pester them to make sure I can!  I'll also try to see if any of the pro photogs took any good pic of me and I'll post them later.
Tomorrow - Coffee ride to meet DJ SPARLZ! wicka wicka whaaaaat

No comments:

Post a Comment